Sunday, August 19, 2007

???



I am supposed to just leave this alone and let it speak for itself... but since I don't have any non-christians reading my blog... I will critique.

I think this is a good idea and has great potential. There are two pictures that make me pause... the girl "in sin" is in black and white (good imagery) and has brown or black hair. The woman free from sin is tan and blond... While imagery has it's place, the stereotypes of blonds being happier is used way too often. Even though I have lived my life as a blond... recently with more and more boxes of assistance, I feel for the dark haired and dark skinned people who are always portrayed as evil or sinful... YOU NEVER see a natural blond in this category. If you do see a blond in the "evil" category, she is platinum, unnatural blond.

I think we can dump the PC crap and address this trend in advertising and media to help solve the United States racial tensions.

No comments: