There are many reasons... but this is my reasoning:
1. I don't belong here. I am not a native and never will be. I will never be accepted completely in (Enter area here) because of our frequent moves.
2. I am a pastor's wife. I will never be invited over for drinks. I will never be invited to a 50 shades of grey book club. I will never be invited to a Dexter/twilight/Weeds marathon.... because I am a pastors wife.
3. I homeschool. You will automatically assume I am judging you for your school choices just like you are automatically judging me for mine. I should NEVER judge YOU for YOUR choices on how YOU raise YOUR children that God gave YOU.
4. I like counter culture. I am still breastfeeding my 1 year old and mostly use cloth diapers. I either make you feel guilty for not breastfeeding longer, or I incite some rant on public indecency. I also like angry sounding music... it makes me happy.
5. I dye my hair easter egg colors.... so I can see you. Deep inside, you don't like me because of one of the previous reasons. Or others. But now I can see you. I can see it in your face. - disgust- I can see your disdain in your posture. You don't want to have anything to do with me. I can hear you complain about me. Don't worry. I won't come over and bother you... but now I know... now I know you don't like me. You don't want me around... I know. Before... you could be polite... "Sure! We should get together sometime!" and hope I never call you. The pain in your face when you see my hair... the polite is gone. It is all you can do to hold a simple conversation.
6. So... in conclusion... I dye my hair for you, sweet friend! So I can find you sooner! I don't have to wade through the polite people who really can't stand me! You greet me with a sincere smile and love me for me... ALL of me!